“EoT promotes engineering apprenticeships to young people interested in a career in the electronic security sector. The competition is fun and encourages their employers to appreciate them as a valuable asset within their organisations.”
Simon Banks, Founder and Group Managing Director, CSL
The Engineers of Tomorrow competition, which sees young security apprentices compete against each other in a live installation challenge,will return to IFSEC International in 2019 for its 21st anniversary.
Given the growing engineering skills gap undermining the industry as well as the wider economy, the need for such an event has never been greater. Taking place over three days at London ExCeL, the competition will pit more than 60 young engineers – working in teams of two – against each other. The top five teams of the overall competition that takes place over IFSEC and FIREX will be invited to the Security & Fire Excellence Awards in November, where the winning places will be announced.
To find out more about next year’s competition email: [email protected]
What is the competition about?
There are many benefits for employers in putting forward their apprentices to take part in the competition:
- Free exposure of your business to the global security industry
- Demonstrate to clients your commitment to employee development
- Encourage the development of young engineers
- Promote of your young talent, and give them the chance to win up to £1,000 in cash
- You will be given a complimentary seat at the Security Excellence Awards with your winning apprentice(s)
Not only will participation highlight the company's skilled workforce, but it will also give you great exposure to the IFSEC International audience.
There are a lot of great reasons why you should enter the Engineers of Tomorrow competition:
- Prove your skills on an international platform
- Gain credits towards your Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ Portfolio
- Raise your profile in the industry
- Be in with a chance of winning heat prizes, which will be presented on each day of the competition
- Stand a chance to win up to £1,000 in cash
- Overall winners will be presented with their awards at the Security & Fire Awards in London in November
Be the star performer in your company's workforce, and get great exposure to the IFSEC International audience.
What do the competitors think?
“We’re excited and proud to continue our partnership with IFSEC and the Engineers of Tomorrow program, and the important work of developing the industry’s next generation of leaders and technical experts. The competition every year is one of the highlights of IFSEC International, and the results achieved by the EoT program are a credit to the fantastic and talented young engineers that eagerly participate every year.”
Texecom, Official Technology Advisor
“CSL is proud to be a Stakeholder and the Official Connectivity Partner of Engineers of Tomorrow. EoT showcases the skills needed to embrace new and exciting technologies, as well as playing a vital role in promoting the engineers that will propel the security sector into this exciting new world.”
CSL, Official Connectivity Partner
Want to learn more about apprenticeships in fire & security?
Following the launch of the new Fire, Emergency and Security sector’s Apprenticeship the Apprentices for Fire and Security (A4FS) stakeholders have put together all the information employers need to know in one handy guide. Click here to download it...
Our 2017 winners
First Place - Max Wheeler & Danny Harding from Chubb
Second Place - Corrie Stewart & Martin Hannaway from New College Lanarkshire
Third Place - Sean Reynolds & Josh Williams from Trinity Fire & Security