Masterclasses and Summits - Brought to you by City Forum and London First
Hear Mr Michael Chertoff, Co-founder & Executive Chairman of The Chertoff Group discuss 2030 forecasts of emergent threats to national security. Hear Dr Pippa Malmgren, Founder of DRPM Group and former Special Assistant to the President of the United States, George W Bush, share how everyday signs can help us navigate a turbulent world. Hear Mr Silvino Schlickmann, Acting Executive Director at INTERPOL talk about the changing face of cyber criminality.
In partnership with City Forum and London First, IFSEC has assembled a congregation of leading strategists from government, academia, law enforcement, technology and industry to drive and reflect on the issues facing society now and in the future. This unparalleled programme sets a new and critical standard for all thought-leadership assemblies across the UK security industry. Watch global leaders tackle the most pressing security questions in The Keynote Arena.
“London First and Cityforum have proven experience in organising high level conferences, attracting a formidable range of speakers and influential leaders from the security sector”
Be in the room when international security strategists share their real-world learnings and take away key insights to tackle everyday threats. Watch speakers underpin their keynotes with the transferrable value of crisis management to tackle the threats you're committed to facing. Let the experts guide you through a range of verticals, including cyber security, cyber criminality, smart cities, ethical and legal challenges within the future of security and extremism.
Whatever your role in security, this array of exclusive dialogs will show you how to work your way around the future of security.
Meet the chairs and speakers
Mr Michael Chertoff, Co-founder & Executive Chairman of The Chertoff Group, former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
As Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security from 2005 to 2009, Michael Chertoff led the country in blocking would-be terrorists from crossing our borders or implementing their plans.
Dr Pippa Malmgren, Founder of DRPM Group and former Special Assistant to the President of the United States, George W Bush
Pippa Malmgren is a former Presidential advisor and a prominent public speaker who co-founded H robotics, which makes modular, AI-led, commercial-use drones. She is a Non-Executive Board Member of the Department of International Trade in the UK.
Mr Sean Malinowski, Deputy Chief & Chief of Staff at LAPD
Alongside managing the Department’s staff officers, providing strategic advice and overseeing high priority tasks, Deputy Chief Malinowski manages the LAPD’s Predictive Policing program and is the principal investigator for the federally-funded “Smart Policing Initiative.”
And many more...
Introduced to give security strategists a focused opportunity to hear and debate a formidable range of subjects, the half day summits take place on Wednesday 20th June and Thursday 21st June in the gallery suites between 9:45am to 1:00pm, away from the exhibition floor and will focus on the following key themes:
Wednesday 20th June 2018: Thinking through the impacts of the Fourth Industrial Revolution – humans, machines and data
- Exploring new technologies in an open society – the security, ethical and legal challenges, from how artificial intelligence can be used to buttress safety to questions for government and society to managing break-throughs.
- The Digital Tsunami – maximising the benefits and containing the risks, from improving defences and minimising risk to answering the challenges of the data deluge.
Thursday 21st of June 2018: Smart safe cities, people and resilience
- Making cities smart and safe, from stress in cities to challenges to future stability.
- People, networks, technologies and resilience, from dealing effectively with extremism to making urban environments safe and secure.
All visitors will have complimentary access to masterclasses. The masterclasses take place on Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st June in The Keynote Arena on the exhibition floor from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, with the opening masterclass taking place at 10:00 am on Tuesday. Sessions will focus on the following key themes:
Tuesday 19th June 2018:
- A 2030 forecast – emergent threats to national security
- Facing up to cyber risk in an open society
- How can everyday signs help us navigate a turbulent world?
Wednesday 20th June 2018:
- Policing and future safety and security – challenges to leaders
- The changing face of cyber criminality
Thursday 21st June 2018:
- Criminal threats 2030 – what may we expect?
- Skills and policing towards 2030