UBM India, the organisers of IFSEC, organised the 5th edition of SAFE – South India from 27th-29th June 2019 at Hall no. 1, Hitex Exhibition Centre, Hyderabad. The show was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Home Minister of Telangana, Mohammed Mahmood Ali, Santosh Mehra, IPS, Addl. DGP & Director, Telangana State Police Academy, Hari Chandana, IAS, Zonal Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, Krishna Yedula, Secretary, Society for Cyberabad Security Council and Pankaj Jain, Group Director-Security & Safety Portfolio, UBM India. The vote of thanks was given by Sanjeev Rao, Asstt. Project Director, UBM India. Security and Fire Expo (SAFE) 2019 provides a unique platform that brings all stakeholders from the security industry together. The event provides a niche opportunity to small and big businesses in the security industry to better penetrate their target markets in South India. As ICT gets tightly embedded into security and surveillance systems, more and more cyber attacks are targeted towards hacking into such systems and wreak havoc. The architecture around IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics is yet to mature in security systems and it is this very loophole that cyber criminals are trying to exploit. In most cases the end user is not even aware of the security chasms that exist as part of a security solution and therefore the role of security experts in helping choose the right solution becomes paramount. The world is going to be increasingly connected in terms of sharing of information and any security system that does not use cyber security best practices is likely to fall victim to the nefarious designs of cyber criminals.
Another key issue is the challenge to manage and maintain communication among heterogeneous objects and applications, environments and devices. Managing large amount of information and mining large volume of data to provide useful services, designing an efficient architecture for sensor networking and storage and devising mechanisms for data recovery also need deeper introspection.
With increasing levels of intelligence being built into devices, there’s also this challenge of trust as smart objects communicate on behalf of users/organisations with services they can trust. So a great deal of emphasis has to be laid on enhancing the trust factor of devices and services as part of an IoT network.
Analysts are of the opinion that the rise in terrorist activities, growing crime rates, data thefts, remote monitoring, growth of public infrastructure, increasing IT spending, government initiatives and increasing security spending are all boosting markets for surveillance systems in India. Energy-efficient solutions are the need of the hour and there is a lot of technology available that allow us to reduce energy consumption in even in areas where nobody thought we could. Similarly, smart cameras monitor traffic and can automatically divert traffic in case of congestion. We can look at many such examples where technology can help improve security and ease day-to-day challenges faced by residents.
Platinum Plus Partners: CP PLUS / Aditya , HIKVISION, ESSL
Platinum Partners: MANTRA, MARK, UNIQUE, TIMEWATCH
The other key partners include: Asian Professional Security Association (APSA), the Electronic Security Association of India (ESAI), Society for Cyberabad Security Council (SCSC), Global Association for Corporate Services (GACS) and OWASP Hyderabad Chapter as supporting organisations and Centre for Human Security Studies and Mitkat Advisory as knowledge partners.
List of key speakers at the conference:
- K. Durga Prasad, IPS, Ex-DG, CRPF
- Warren Gladstone, VP & CSO, Hinduja Global Solutions & Chairperson, ASIS Bengaluru Chapter
- S M Kumar, Co-founder & MD, MitKat Advisory
- Sanjay Bhardwaj – Head of Property - Tishman Speyer
- Capt (Ex) Ajesh Sharma, Regional Head of Risk Stewardship- Corporate Security, HSBC
- Subhendu Mahunta, CFE, CBCP, Regional Head – Threat Operations Zomato
- Major Rakesh Tripathi, CPP, Location Security Head-Global Security Group, Telangana & AP, Wipro Limited
- Gopa Kumar Kuttan, Security Head, Dalmia Cement Bharat Ltd
- Wing Commander S Vijay (Retd), Vice President, Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Pvt. Ltd.
- Vinayak Singh, Sr. Manager – Regional security, ADP
- Dinakar. B. V., Security Head, Franklin Templeton
- Viswam Vemula, Founder Director, Chanwi Technologies
- Aravind Babu Ramaraju, Director-Workplace Experience, Cognizant
- Praveen Upadhyay, Executive Member, Global Association for Corporate Services
- Krishnamoorthy V., CEO, Zaxis Engineering
- Dr. Kanneganti Ramesh Babu, Founder & Director, Centre For Human Security Studies
- Dr.Mohar M Ghosh, Board Member, iNFHRA
- John Livingstone, Founder & Executive Director, Indian Institute of Drones
- Malcolm Cooper, Regional Operations Head (South), Mitkat Advisory
SAFE 2019 helped in building stronger connections by oﬀering exhibitors a captive audience of like-minded prospective and current customers. While bigger brands built stronger relationships and educated their buyers, niche brands utilised SAFE as a forum to share their experiences. SAFE also gives its exhibiting brands signiﬁcant media exposure through the trade magazine and PR arm of UBM India, thereby securing its position as the most eﬀective business platform for brands to get the most out of their marketing budgets.
The SAFE Expo was attended by 5,000+ decision makers and inﬂuencers from the Security industry. The list included System Integrators, VARS, Dealers, Architects and Solution Providers, Representatives from the Government and Public Domain, and solution seeking end users from diﬀerent verticals.
The 60+ exhibitors greatly benefited by tapping into the growing South Indian market by forging joint ventures, partnerships/associations, sourcing, dealerships and networks. They shall stand advantaged by getting a roadmap to success within South India's security market, be able to generate quality enquiries that provide unparalleled business opportunities, gain an effective launch pad and base to test market new products, and establish relationships with key decision makers and give them the opportunity to experience latest innovations.