We spoke to Anand Thirunagari, Country Manager-India, Genetec Inc. to understand his organisation’s focus areas in security for the year 2020, what technologies and products they believe are going to be in focus this year, new technology innovations to expect in video surveillance and their strategy to further penetrate the Indian security market.
Interviewed by Adeesh Sharma
Please tell us about your organisation’s focus areas in security for the year 2020.
<Genetec> Our focus continues to be in the areas of Unified security approach to achieve securing people, assets and data followed with operational efficiency and Business intelligence into our customer environments. Considering the current pandemic and the imminent return to operations, there’s been no shortage of challenges, so our developers have been working on ways to use and re-purpose our existing technology to serve new needs.
Here are 6 examples of some recent problem-solving that we’re particularly proud of:
- Monitoring occupancy levels
- With many retailers and restaurants set to start reopening in the coming days and weeks the need to enforce occupancy rules that adhere to physical distancing measures is critical.
- Keeping track of people’s potential exposure to contagion or contaminants
- Controlling access to PPE equipment
- Monitoring patients at a distance
- Sharing evidence in the cloud
- Avoiding physical contact is part of staying healthy these days. So, physically delivering and handing over paper reports, CDs, or other digital storage media can be risky.
- Managing travel restrictions with ALPR
- To better enforce travel restrictions, cities and governments are turning to automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) solutions.
Which technologies and products you believe are going to be in focus this year?
<Genetec> Our Unified platform “ Security Center” would still be our core area of focus along with our core products in the areas of Video management, Access control and License plate recognition would be our primary focus with core thrust in improving our customers Security, operations and business intelligence in a Unified format. Cyber Security and Privacy are natural extensions to our focus which are part of Genetec‘s DNA.
What new technology innovations can we expect in video surveillance?
<Genetec> The innovations we foresee or already Genetec is addressing would be around breaking the silos of independent security, operations and business tools converging more towards a Unified approach and extract more business insights out of data and being operationally efficient.
Trust and Privacy are going to be two important areas in Video surveillance and Physical security by enlarge would see a lot of traction in coming days and years.
What is your strategy to further penetrate the Indian security market?
<Genetec> We continue to focus through our cutting-edge technology, superior customer experience and Unified approach towards security, operations and business intelligence. We are in the process of expanding our channel footprint across the country and a great thrust is around digital engagements. Some examples around our digital initiatives are as follows –
- In April, over 4,750 people attended our virtual trade show, Connect'DX. For those who registered but couldn’t attend, stay tuned for more details on how to access the content on-demand.
- As Genetec Advantage customer, you might have unused technical consultation hours. Our team is working with customers remotely to leverage this time to get ahead on projects.