We spoke to Prabhuraj Patil, Regional Sales Director, HID Physical Access Solutions-South Asia to understand his organisation’s products in the security domain and how they help protect an organisation’s assets, the growth in security and surveillance market over the next few years, industry sectors that are going to fuel this growth, the type of security products and solutions that are gaining traction in the Indian market and new innovations or technologies that they plan to incorporate as part of their solutions in future.
Interviewed by Adeesh Sharma
- Please tell us about your range of products in the security domain and how they help protect an organisation’s assets.
Our products range from readers, cards, controllers, visitor management system and mobile access solutions. As a leader in trusted identity solutions, our products and solutions help secure an individual’s identity. Our solutions also help in protecting their assets by securing the entry doors.
- The security and surveillance market over the next few years? Which industry sectors are going to fuel this growth?
We do not share business figures due to company policy, however, we do see a strong growth in the market for the coming years.
- What kind of security products and solutions are gaining traction in the Indian market?
HID Mobile Access (https://www.hidglobal.com/doclib/files/resource_files/hid-mobile-access-br-en.pdf), which leverages Seos as its underlying credential technology, offers these key benefits to your organization:
- User Convenience: Employees are no longer required to carry a traditional card to access facilities and can instead use their handy mobile device. Thanks to highly intuitive “Tap” and “Twist and Go” gestures, employees will enjoy more convenient and efficient access.2
- Operational Efficiency: Administrators can create, manage, issue and revoke credentials over-the-air or in batches, saving them time and effort in managing access control credentials.
- Higher Security: Beyond the fact that people more closely protect their smartphones than access cards, HID Mobile Access leverages sophisticated technology and related best practices to securely bind each mobile ID to the device and protect data at all times.
- What new innovations or technologies do you plan to incorporate as part of your solutions in future?
We have a new biometric reader that was launched in US earlier this year. We aim to have this solution available this year. For more details of the solution, please check our announcement on https://www.hidglobal.com/press-releases/hid-global-brings-reliable-biometrics-authentication-door-launch-of-new-fingerprint