IFSEC India is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
More than ever, customers are demanding greater protection, control and awareness from their security systems. Traditional control panels relying on an array of security sensors often has their limitations, while integration with multiple unconnected security devices can further add complexity and costs.
In response, Bosch introduces the new G Series control panels and systems, which intelligently integrates both security and safety domains, along with mobile access, into one compact system, thereby reducing the complexity and the cost of ownership.
From a security perspective, intelligent intrusion detection is a delicate balance between responding to real security breaches and ignoring costly false alarm sources. The new G Series takes the intelligent intrusion detection to a higher level by directly integrating with Bosch IP surveillance cameras and their Intelligent Video Analysis (IVA) functions. The G Series panels can utilize and directly control up to 16 cameras via the IP network, and support up to eight video analytics alarm inputs per camera. This augments the panel’s input capabilities with IVA functions such as line crossing, object removal, loitering and crowd detection. In addition, panel events can trigger camera actions such as moving camera pre-sets or recording settings, and initiate the transmission of video snapshots via email.
Such high level video integration offers limitless possibilities:
• Intelligent Intrusion Detection. Utilizing and logically combing technologies from traditional security sensors and IVA improves detection accuracy while reducing costly false alarms that are typically associated with single technology usage.
• Increase Robustness. In comparison to traditional security sensors, IVA offers a very high degree of accuracy and sophistication. Features such as camera calibration, fine-tuning of sensitive areas, object shapes and movement correction greatly enhance accuracy and reliability, while statistical analysis of the captured images makes the system highly weather resilient.
• Alarm Verification. Video snapshots via email from intrusion events allow any incidents to be quickly visually verified and enable responders to take more targeted action. In addition, the user is immediately informed, and through the Bosch’s Remote Security Control (RSC) available in iOS or Android, users can view the live video from the cameras on their smartphones and tablets and control the system.
• Automated Functions. IVA can automatically fault an intrusion point. The panel’s access control function could immediately lock down the site’s parameter, activate the local sounders, send a report to the central station receiver, or send email and text messages to up to 32 recipients. Such automation allows multi-step processes and manual tasks to be done with less effort.
• Time Saving. Correlating intrusion alarm and IVA alarm events reduces nuisance reporting, further reducing charges associating with network connectivity.
The Bosch G Series control panels with IP video integration provides a seamless, cost-effective total security solution.